Adopted at the First International Congress of Architects and Technicians
of Historic Monuments, Athens 1931
At the Congress in Athens the following seven main resolutions were made and called “Carta del Restauro”:
1. International organizations for Restoration on operational and advisory levels are to be established.
2. Proposed Restoration projects are to be subjected to knowledgeable criticism to prevent mistakes which will cause loss of character
and historical values to the structures.
3. Problems of preservation of historic sites are to be solved by legislation at national level for all countries.
4. Excavated sites which are not subject to immediate restoration should be reburied for protection.
5. Modern techniques and materials may be used in restoration work.
6. Historical sites are to be given strict custodial protection.
7. Attention should be given to the protection of areas surrounding historic sites
ERAMCA Project Reference: 609574-EPP-1-2019-1-IT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP